Join Artsadmin Youth
Artsadmin is launching a new Youth Programme! We want to recruit a group of local young people who will:
Share – a creative space where new ideas are welcome
Attend – workshops, trips and events
Meet – artists, creatives and other young people
Develop – new skills, networks and creative ideas
The first phase of the programme will run from June 2020 until March 2021. We plan to extend this and want to build the next phase in collaboration with the group.
We’re looking for commitment and passion. You don’t need to be the most confident, creative or loudest person in the room. We prioritise applications from working class people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ+ folk, disabled people and those not in education, employment or training.
To apply, you need to:
- Be 16-19 years old
- Live in Tower Hamlets (if you’re not sure, check your postcode here)
- Be able to commit to a monthly evening session (we can pay for travel expenses and food)
- Be curious about how (or if!) art and performance can change the world
- Have an appetite for working creatively with others
You don’t need to:
- Have any qualifications or formal experience
- Describe yourself as a ‘creative’ or an ‘artist’
- Be ‘good’ at art or have a ‘creative practice’
- Feel that you fit in to ‘traditional’ arts spaces
- Know who Artsadmin are or about the work we do
- Pay for anything we offer – it’s all free!
Artsadmin Youth sessions will run from 6pm-8pm on the first Wednesday of every month. Due to COVID-19 we are reviewing the date of the first session and will update this blog and our socials when this is confirmed.
If you have any questions or need help filling in the application, then please contact Yasmin on email@example.com