Join Artsadmin Youth
Artsadmin is launching a new Youth Programme! We want to recruit a group of local young people who will:
Share – a creative space where new ideas are welcome
Attend – workshops, trips and events
Meet – artists, creatives and other young people
Develop – new skills, networks and creative ideas
The first phase of the programme runs from April 2021 until April 2022. We plan to extend this and want to build the next phase in collaboration with the group.
We’re looking for commitment and passion. You don’t need to be the most confident, creative or loudest person in the room. We prioritise applications from working class people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ+ folk, disabled people and those not in education, employment or training.
To apply, you need to:
- Be 16-19 years old
- Live in Tower Hamlets (if you’re not sure, check your postcode here)
- Be able to commit to a monthly evening session (we can pay for travel expenses and food)
- Be curious about how (or if!) art and performance can change the world
- Have an appetite for working creatively with others
You don’t need to:
- Have any qualifications or formal experience
- Describe yourself as a ‘creative’ or an ‘artist’
- Be ‘good’ at art or have a ‘creative practice’
- Feel that you fit in to ‘traditional’ arts spaces
- Know who Artsadmin are or about the work we do
- Pay for anything we offer – it’s all free!
In this short form we are asking for your details and for you to tell us about something creative that has changed the way you view the world and why. You can write a paragraph or record a video.
Please do get in touch or complete the sign up form if you’re interested in taking part as we are still accepting people onto the programme.
We will be reviewing completed sign up forms as soon as we receive them.
If you have any questions or need help filling in the application, then please contact Paige on email@example.com.