Radar: Collaborative workshop on Developing Your Creative Practice
What is this workshop about?
This in-person Radar session holds space and provides structure for folks working on Arts Council England’s Developing your Creative Practice (DYCP) applications due on 22 March. The aim is to work together, hold each other accountable, unblock challenges and celebrate successes. Mostly though, we aim to share the pressure from the looming deadline!
We’ll start the day by setting an intention, something we want to accomplish for the day.
For the first two hours, we’ll use the “Pomodoro” technique to get the (tomato) juices flowing: we’ll work for 25 minutes, rest for 5, repeat this 4 times, and then finish with a longer break for chit chat, coffee, and some commiseration! You are welcome to join in on the structured exercise or go at your own pace if you feel like it. We want this to be a working session and for you to tick things off your list, however way suits you best!
For the last hour, we’ll break into speed DYCP dating, pairing each other up to share where you are and what you’re working on (or struggling with) in quick 5-minute intervals.
Throughout, Cat Harrison and Valentina Vela from our producers team and Daisy Hale from our board of trustees will be on hand to provide a sounding board for thoughts or ideas, and to generally support and encourage!
We’ll also have a banging playlist, some tomato juice, and maybe cake.
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone working on a DYCP application due on 15 March.
- Toynbee Studios is wheelchair accessible and there are wheelchair accessible toilets. Read more about Accessibility at Toynbee Studios.
- The event takes places in the studios. There is lift access to all floors.
- All toilets at Toynbee Studios are gender neutral in line with our Safer Spaces policy.
- BSL interpretation is available on request. Email email@example.com or call 020 7247 5102 to arrange this, and please allow at least a week’s notice.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7247 5102 if you have any further access requests.
Date and time
14 March 2022
This is now a past event.
28 Commercial Street
London, E1 6AB
Tel: 020 7247 5102
Plan your visit