Making Space: Thinking about our access
Radar workshop led by Vijay Patel
This Radar Session looks at access requirements and how best to communicate these to others
Led by artist Vijay Patel, this Radar Session takes a look at our individual access requirements and how best to communicate these to others.
Whether it’s preparing to work with an arts venue, participating in an online forum, or collaborating with other artists, advocating for what you require to make your work can feel like a scary task. This session will give artists and arts professionals a chance to think creatively about what an access rider might look like, and offer tools to start to craft their own access pack.
This event is now sold out. If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and telephone number.
Vijay Patel (He/him) is a performance artist based in London. His artforms are interdisciplinary, ranging from: live art, performance art and cabaret. The work he makes predominantly surrounds cultural identity, making autobiographical/political statements around being a queer, British/Indian, working class, person living with Asperger’s syndrome. Vijay centres his lived experiences/identity throughout his practice to advocate/uplift/raise awareness of marginalised communities.
- This workshop will be captioned using Otter.ai.
- We offer BSL interpretation – please email email@example.com if you would like this provided.
- The session will be relaxed with regular breaks.
- There will be someone in the workshop to support with access and technical queries.
- If you have any further questions about access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date and time
19 November 2020
Captioned and BSL available.
This is now a past event.