Artsadmin’s Artists’ Bursary Scheme ran from 1998 until 2021 and supported over 200 artists working in contemporary performance practices.
The final round of the Artists’ Bursary Scheme in 2020-21 was made possible with support from Arts Council England, Live Art UK Diverse Actions programme and generous individual donations to Artsadmin.
About the Bursary Scheme
In 2020, the Bursary scheme offered a maximum of six bursaries to UK-based artists at any stage in their career working in live art, contemporary performance and interdisciplinary practice. At least three of these Bursaries were awarded to Artists of Colour as part of Live Art UK’s Diverse Actions programme.
Facilitated by Artsadmin’s artist support team, the Bursary offer included:
- Cash award of £4,000
- Regular meetings with the Artsadmin team between April 2020 – March 2021 to discuss and develop artistic and professional interests
- £300 mentoring budget to work with another artist, a critical thinker or dramaturg
- £200 budget to go and see work, which can cover travel, visas or ticket costs
- £200 budget for well-being, to be spent at the discretion of the artist
- A week-long studio residency at Toynbee Studios
- An invitation to present work in a Bursary Showcase at Toynbee Studios, with budget for access, technical, documentation and marketing
- A fund for travel to attend meetings at Toynbee Studios if based outside London
- A hotdesking scheme for Bursary Artists in the Artsadmin office at Toynbee Studios for the duration of the Bursary
- Advocacy and marketing support in the form of profile on Artsadmin’s website, social media and print and advice on strategic outreach
- Support for access requirements
Applications for the Bursary Scheme are now closed.
Access support was available for all applications, including alternative formats and tailored support. If, for access requirements, you’d prefer to meet one of our team or talk through these guidelines please contact email@example.com or call 020 7247 5102.
|7 March 2019||On Akka's Shore||Toynbee Studios|
|11 October 2018||The Voice and the Relic||Toynbee Studios|
|18 April 2018||Work, Wealth and Happiness||Toynbee Studios|
|8 March 2018||Neurodiversity, Afro Futurism & Superpowered Creativity||Toynbee Studios|
|7–8 December 2017||Standard, Ledger and Transom||Toynbee Studios|
|20 September 2017||The Museum of Divergent Realities||Toynbee Studios|
|20 March 2017||So-called Law: Screening & Research Sharing||Toynbee Studios|
|2 February 2016||Artists' Bursary Scheme Surgery||Toynbee Studios|
|26 January 2016||Artists' Bursary Scheme Surgery||Toynbee Studios|
|20 January 2016||Artists' Bursary Scheme Surgery||Toynbee Studios|
|23 May 2015||Tell me what you think about my work and I'll pay you £30||Toynbee Studios|
|26 February 2015||CONTAMINATION ROOM||Toynbee Studios|
|18 February 2015||Bursary Artists: In Conversation||Toynbee Studios|
|21 January 2015||Bursary Artists: In Conversation||Toynbee Studios|
|22 November 2014||CONTAMINATION ROOM||Toynbee Studios|
|23 September 2014||To the Dirt||Toynbee Studios|
|27–29 March 2014||Playing to Lose||Toynbee Studios|
|18 March 2014||The Event Formerly Known As Stand Ins||Toynbee Studios|
|11 March 2014||Blood On The Streets||Toynbee Studios|
|6 March 2014||Gardens Speak, a work-in-progress||Toynbee Studios|