Arts Council England Small Project Grants: Finance
Cat Harrison and Michael Norton
The third in a series of four intensive workshops over four days with Cat Harrison and Michael Norton, producers at Artsadmin
So, you’re a performance maker or live artist who has worked on a few projects and you’re getting a sense of how money and support would enable you to do more. You’ve got a specific idea for a project, and you’re ready to take the step towards finding funding from Arts Council England. Now what?
We’re here to help. We’re offering a series of free workshops focusing on Arts Council England’s small projects grants (under £15,000). Each session will cover a different section of the application: quality, engagement, finance and management. You can book for one session, or all four.
Throughout the week, we’ll also go over frequently asked questions about the application process, and cover what we’ve learned over the years applying for this fund. You’ll get a chance to work in small groups to develop your project application and talk with Artsadmin producers Michael Norton and Cat Harrison about the challenges and barriers you might encounter as you apply. Their expertise is in projects that focus on contemporary performance, interdisciplinary art and participatory performance, so our examples and materials will focus on these areas.
Session 3: Finance
In this session, we’ll focus on all the money questions around Arts Council England’s small projects fund. We’ll offer some templates for a budget and demystify some of the financial jargon like income, in-kind, expenditure, contingency and overheads. We’ll also offer some tips on inputting amounts into the application portal.
This workshop is supported by The National Lottery Community Fund.
- Closed captions will be provided with Otter.ai
- BSL interpretation is available on request. When you book, book a ‘BSL user’ ticket so we know if BSL is required, please allow two weeks’ notice of booking so we can arrange this.
- The event takes place on Zoom. We recommend that you download Zoom on to your device prior to the event. Please see this easy read guide to Zoom put together by our friends Access All Areas.
- We will have a guardian in the online workshop at all times, so if you ever feel unwell or unsafe, they will be able to support you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further access requests
Date and time
30 June 2021
This is now a past event.