Nettles: How to disagree?
Workshop led by Sonia Hughes and Jo Fong
A Radar workshop for artists where Sonia Hughes and Jo Fong explore how to disagree well
This is an invitation for folk to hear themselves think, to listen to another human.
We’ve got shards of thoughts and we’ve been thinking these things in one form or another for a long time:
Getting rid of the nettles, the weed person, the benefits of the bad fairy
Picking your battles
Nice level of awkward?
How to disagree well?
How to prepare the soil?
The thing about nettles is they can give you a nasty sting, they can take over or you can make soup or tea, or fix the nitrogen in the soil with it. With bindweed, you just have to kill it, or Jo leaves it in a black bag for two years and uses it as mulch. It’s all mulch.
Bring a notebook and some snacks. Invite someone you’re slightly scared of.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop was created specifically with artists, theatre makers, filmmakers, co-creators and community leaders in mind.
This event is now sold out and the waiting list full. Follow us on social media to keep up with our events @artsadm.
- Closed captions will be provided with Otter.ai
- BSL interpretation is available on request. When you book, please book a ‘BSL user’ ticket so we know if BSL is required.
- The event takes place on Zoom. We recommend that you download Zoom on to your device prior to the event. Please see this easy read guide to Zoom put together by our friends Access All Areas.
- We will have a guardian in the call at all times, so if you ever feel unwell or unsafe, they will be able to support you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further access requests
This workshop is supported by The National Lottery Community Fund.
Date and time
4 March 2021
Closed captioning provided with Otter.ai and BSL interpreted on request; please book a 'BSL user' ticket.
There will be a short break halfway through the workshop.
This is now a past event.