Artsadmin is launching a new Youth Programme.
We are recruiting a group of local young people who will:
- SHARE: a creative space where new ideas are welcome
- ATTEND: workshops, trips and events
- MEET: artists, creatives and other young people
- DEVELOP: new skills, networks and creative ideas
The first phase of the programme runs from April 2021 until April 2022. We plan to extend this and want to build the next phase in collaboration with the group.
Who is it for?
We’re looking for commitment and passion. You don’t need to be the most confident, creative or loudest person in the room.
We prioritise applications from working class people, people of colour, women, LGBTQI+ folk, disabled people and those not in education, employment or training.
To apply, you need to:
- Be 16-19 years old
- Live in Tower Hamlets (if you’re not sure, check your postcode here)
- Be able to commit to a monthly evening session (we can pay for travel expenses and food)
- Be curious about how (or if!) art and performance can change the world
- Have an appetite for working creatively with others
You don’t need to:
- Have any qualifications or formal experience
- Describe yourself as a ‘creative’ or an ‘artist’
- Be ‘good’ at art or have a ‘creative practice’
- Feel that you fit in to ‘traditional’ arts spaces
- Know who Artsadmin are or about the work we do
- Pay for anything we offer – it’s all free!
The deadline for applications is 9am on 24 March.
The first session will be 21 April 6-8pm and every third Wednesday of the month after that.
If you have any questions or need help filling in the application, then please contact Paige on contact email@example.com.
Artsadmin Youth is supported by Be Part through the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, The Simon Gibson Charitable Trust and the Allen & Overy Ben Ogden Memorial Fund.