The Forgotten People: Lady Unchained and Tracy Kiryango in conversation
Join poet Lady Unchained and filmmaker Tracy Kiryango for a screening of short film The Forgotten People, followed by an online conversation between the creatives and Q&A about the making of the film.
The Forgotten People speaks to all those Black women and men who are trapped in the criminal justice system, who’s voices can’t be heard, those who can’t march or speak out about the abuse they face.– Lady Unchained
About the film
In January 2021, we’re sharing a premiere of The Forgotten People, a newly commissioned poem and film written and performed by artist and poet Lady Unchained. The Forgotten People highlights racial inequality in the UK prison system, it was written at the Rotterdam Summer Lab in 2019 and perfected during the Black Lives Matter protests in summer 2020.
The Forgotten People was filmed in various locations in Lady Unchained’s local area in South London where there are currently hundreds of Black people imprisoned across three prison sites.
The Forgotten People is commissioned by Artsadmin, with support from BE PART through the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.
- This event is captioned with Otter.ai
- BSL interpretation is available on request. When you book, please book a ‘BSL user’ ticket so we know if BSL is required.
- The event takes place on Zoom. We recommend that you download Zoom on to your device prior to the event. Please see this easy read guide to Zoom put together by our friends Access All Areas.
- We will have a guardian in the call at all times, so if you ever feel unwell or unsafe, they will be able to support you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further access requests
Date and time
28 January 2021
Captioned with Otter.ai and BSL interpreted