Toynbee Studios and Arts Bar and Café now open
We reopened our doors from 10 May 2021 and we look forward to welcoming you back to Toynbee Studios and Arts Bar and Café.
We’ve been working hard to make Toynbee Studios as safe as possible for artists, audiences, hirers, café customers, tenants and staff. You can read the safety measures we are putting in place below.
The Arts Bar and Café is open for takeaway and table service with indoor and outdoor tables available.
You can enjoy coffees, teas, soft drinks, pastries and vegetarian sandwiches on Monday-Friday from 10.30am-2.30pm. We are offering table service to minimise the movement of customers.
Our studios are open to hirers, tenants and staff with safety measures in place but they are not open to the public.
We are taking bookings for future hires but we can’t do our usual face-to-face building tours. We can offer digital equivalents such as film footage and plans. Take a look at images on our website and email Sara or call to request these: firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7247 5102
We have our first in-person events from 1 July 2021, including The Apocalypse Reading Room, an outdoor audio walk by Sara Shaarawi and an installation of film and writing by Umama Hamido as part of Shubbak Festival. We continue to offer an online programme, including Radar workshops for artists and creatives, and ways to engage digitally.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Our reception is staffed from 10am-6pm and we’ve installed a perspex barrier.
- All visitors should wear a mask unless they are exempt.
- Only two visitors are permitted at a time in the reception area as it’s a small and enclosed space.
- All visitors, hirers, tenants and staff must sign in and out of the building, and check in using the NHS Test and Trace app.
- Please wash your hands on arrival either in the ground floor toilet (accessible and gender neutral) or use the hand sanitiser dispensers.
Movement around the building
- Please wear a mask in the communal areas. We have masks at reception if you forget to bring your own.
- Respect 2m distancing in communal areas. This may mean waiting for people as they travel up and down the stairs.
- The lift can only be used by one person at a time.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser whenever you use kitchens or toilets.
- The café, studios and communal areas are cleaned regularly.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are in the café foyer, reception and outside the first and third floor toilets.
- There is antibacterial soap in all the kitchen areas and toilets.
- Please let reception staff know if a dispenser is empty.
Track and trace
Please check in using the QR code at our entrances using the NHS Test and Trace app. We also keep a contact list of people visiting the studios, who we’ll inform if anyone using the building tests positive for Covid-19.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email email@example.com or call 020 7650 2350 during office hours, 9.30am-6pm.