SCRITS are a space for anyone under 25 to show work of any medium to a group of other emerging artists and industry professionals.
SCRITS run on an ad hoc basis but if you are interested in showing work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to advise you on the next opportunity.
SCRITS were set up after feedback from young and emerging artists who were looking for a space to discuss and develop work in a safe and supportive environment outside peer or college / university groups.
If you would like to take part in a Youth Board SCRIT please see the guidelines below:
- anyone wishing to show work must be under 25
- Work can be from any medium or discipline eg fine art, performance, live art, film, sound etc
- Work can be at any stage of completion from a rough idea through to a final piece
- You will have 40 minutes to show the work and for the group to critique it (so we suggest you work show 15 minute or under if performed live)
- If you would like to show work and get feedback please email email@example.com with a short outline of what the work you are looking for feedback on.
Previous scrit participants have included Charlotte Emily Corner, Alice MacKenzie, Christopher Aguilar, Louise Mothersole, James Alabaster and Rumi Begum.
Event: 2 December
The members of Artsadmin Youth Board are holding one of there ever-popular SCRITS events (part-scratch, part-critique) for artists under 25 to showcase their work and receive feedback from the Youth Board and industry professionals.
This time round they will be welcoming work which have an active approach to the word ‘diversity’. What does the word mean to young artists? How is it explored through current practices?
The Youth Board are looking to support and give feedback on work that explores young people’s exploration of sexuality, gender, cultural identity, race and class.
To apply please send 200 words outlining the work you would like to present to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 November. Please include any links and images you may have. There will be 40 minutes allocated for both the piece and critique so we suggest that your work should be maximum 15 minutes if performed live.
Refreshments and snacks provided
|18 August 2014||SCRITS||Toynbee Studios|
|26 February 2014||SCRITS||Toynbee Studios|
|20 November 2012||SCRITS||Toynbee Studios|
|5 April 2011||Scrits||Toynbee Studios|