Starting Out in a Pandemic
Sinéad Hargan Shereen Zoumot
Since October 2019, Shereen and Sinéad have taken part in BANNER, Artsadmin’s scheme to support exceptional recent graduates in their first year out of formal studies.
In this online conversation and sharing, we’ll share a bit of what these artists have been working on this year and discuss what it means to establish an artistic practice that focuses on live encounters during a pandemic. The discussion is chaired by Michael Norton, Producer, Artists’ Support, at Artsadmin.
What is the role of young artists in a quickly shifting cultural space? How does an emerging practice respond to challenging circumstances like lockdown and social restrictions? How do we rest and take care of ourselves?
Over the past year, these two extraordinary artists have waited, shifted, isolated, stalled, rebooted and reimagined their work with exceptional resilience and care. It’s such a joy to share their work and ideas with the public, particularly at this moment of isolation.Michael Norton, producer of the BANNER programme
BANNER is supported by Goldsmiths University, Royal Conservatoire Scotland and Live Art Development Agency.
- This event is captioned with Otter.ai
- BSL interpretation is available on request. When you book, please book a ‘BSL user’ ticket so we know if BSL is required.
- The event takes place on Zoom. We recommend that you download Zoom on to your device prior to the event. Please see this easy read guide to Zoom put together by our friends Access All Areas.
- We will have a guardian in the call at all times, so if you ever feel unwell or unsafe, they will be able to support you.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any further access requests
Date and time
4 February 2021
Free, booking required
BSL interpreted on request (Please book a 'BSL user ticket' at least one week in advance)
This is now a past event.