Arts Bar & Café
Open Monday–Friday, 9.30am-5.30pm (except bank holidays). The bar is open later for evening events and until 8pm every Friday.
Please note that we are closed for a private event on Friday 1 November from 6pm.
The Arts Bar and Café offers a tranquil but vibrant and cultural setting on the edge of the City and east London for eating, drinking, meetings, socialising, networking and showcasing artists and art.
From 11.30am-4pm, the café serves a selection of freshly made salads and sandwiches. We serve hot and cold drinks, juices, smoothies, pastries, snacks, independent beers and ales, and European wines. Our café team has taken great care to find ethical suppliers, such as:
- Coffee from Redemption Roasters, which runs roasters and barista training programmes in prisons to skill up inmates and help them find employment after their release.
- Birchall teas, a family-run producer with Rainforest Alliance Certification and plastic-free, glue-free tea bags.
- Two Farmers crisps, the UK's only crisps to be packaged in 100% compostable bags.
- Milk - we offer 3 different milk alternatives – almond, soya and oat. The cow milk we use is Brades Farm Milk, which is from a farm that adopts a sustainable approach and has been in the same family for 14-generations. Brades Farm Milk were one of the first farms in the UK to feed their cows with Mootral, a natural feed supplement that reduces methane emissions from cows by 30%.
- Our coffee and juice cups, paper straws and take away boxes are all compostable.
- We use as little as plastic as possible and recycle as much as we can.
- Many of our wines are organic, vegan or vegetarian.
Everyone is welcome: we strive to make the café is as accessible as possible for disabled audiences, and offer gender neutral toilets, as well as a wheelchair-accessible, individual toilet. We also try to cater for a range of dietary requirements (gluten free, vegan).
To book a table for lunch, please call the café on 020 7247 5102.
HIRES AND CATERING
The Arts Bar & Café is also available for private functions in the evenings and on weekends. Please get in touch with Christophe Tavan, Café Manager, about our in-house catering:
email@example.com | 020 7247 5102