An afternoon with The Gardening Drawing Club
Part of biome: experiments in radical kinship, a year-long residency programme in the Artsadmin Canteen from artist, writer and human ecologist Zoë Laureen Palmer.
Join The Gardening Drawing Club and artist Johanna Tagada Hoffbeck for a warm afternoon of conversation on the theme of growth and growing. As the year comes to a close, we invite you to gather in the Artsadmin Canteen for a hot cup of organic herbal blend, meet fellow aspiring and accomplished growers and share ideas through drawing and conversation.
The subject of our drawings will be biome: forrest – a semi-permanent installation by Zoë and sound artist Keir Vine, and our conversations will explore questions raised by Zoë’s residency and The Gardening Drawing Club:
- Are you interested in vegetables, cooking or growing and how these could become part of your daily life?
- What is deep ecology?
- In the face of devastating biodiversity loss, how can we nurture the wellbeing of our inner gardens and extend this care into the living world of which we are a part?
- How can we become more implicated in the continuous growth, protection and flourishing of the earth we choose to tend, however small, polluted and degraded it might currently be?
- The Artsadmin Canteen is accessible to wheelchair users and welcome guide, hearing, emotional support and assistance dogs.
- there are wheelchair accessible toilets. Read more about Accessibility at Toynbee Studios.
- All toilets at Toynbee Studios are gender neutral.
- There is outdoor and distanced indoor seating.
- A relaxed performance kit with yoga mats, blankets, cushions and ear defenders is available.
Please email email@example.com or call 020 7247 5102 if you have any further access requests.